Service user group
Get a voice in how the project is run and developed.
the RIGHT Angle – SANDS CYMRUs’ Service Users Group
The RIGHT Angle Service Users Group aims and strives to:
- Promote the self-confidence and self esteem of all who attend.
- Provide service users with an open forum to express their views on services.
- Promote equal opportunities and participation for all.
- Develop skills and knowledge to service users through attending.
- Encourage development of individuals and a positive role away from substance misuse.
- Provide a springboard to a more stable outlook and positive future.
The RIGHT ANGLE
As agreed by service users group on 18th February 2010.
- Appropriate manner when attending all meetings. (If it is deemed that a Service User is under the influence prior to the meeting started they will be asked to leave the building).
- Turn all mobiles off.
- One discussion at a time. One person at a time to talk!
- New service users offered a one off meeting to see what happens in the group and offered to join the group after discussion.
- Staff members/outside agencies can only attend on invitation by the group.
- Confidentiality must be observed by the group during and after all meetings.
- Decisions regarding conduct will be made from informed, balanced and fair information by the Chair/Vice Chair person and staff if necessary. Any decision made is not taken lightly and is final.
Recent Activity by the service user group: Litter picking on Swansea beach.