Single Point for Referral and Assessment Service
The SANDS CYMRU was commissioned to establish and manage a single referral and assessment service for children and young people in Swansea.
Single Point of Contact for referral and assessments
- The single location service offers clear care pathways for potential service users, and for referral agencies: for the first time, people will be certain about where they should go for assessment
- A specialist in-depth initial assessment will reduce the time taken for comprehensive assessment, thus, for some young people, reducing the waiting time between assessment and treatment
- The service is able to develop a more consistent methodology and a model of assessment per se for the under 18 substance misuse community in Swansea
- Rapid access to the service will be arranged for the most vulnerable young people
- On accessing the service, and following assessment, the most urgent cases would also be fast-tracked for comprehensive assessment and specialist tier 3 treatments if identified.